Here are a few favorites. Please email us if you have some suggestions for this list. -- Vincent Dupont, founder Edgemont B&B. s.
- For a great book on the history of mining in the town of Moriah: Through the Light Hole: A Saga of Adirondack Mines and Men, by Patrick F. Farrell, 1997. It is very enlightening -- in fact it is mind-blowing -- to drive or bike through the area with this book in hand and stand exactly where the photos were taken.
- For railroads, try: Railroads of the Adirondacks: A History, by Michael Kudish, 1996. This isn't a "reading" book but it is very informative if you are a serious railroad buff.
- Moriah and Port Henry in the Adirondacks (Images of America) by Jacqueline A. Viestenz and Frank Edgerton Martin is a must, 2013.
- For fiction, try Port Henry-based author Jeff Kelly's Adirondack Heist, 2002.
- A favorite work pertaining to the western Adirondacks is Edmund Wilson's Upstate: Records and Recollections of Northern New York (New York Classics).